The mission of Crossings of Ohio is to introduce young men of all races and religions to essential spiritual lessons for life that will prepare them to be responsible and loving men in their relationships and community.
The mission of Crossings Ohio is a commitment to:
- Guide young men of all races and religions through a formal initiation process/experience.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with program participants.
Our philosophy is grounded in the following beliefs:
- Every young man is a Beloved Son of God.
- Young men are capable of serious spiritual journeys.
- Young men must seek contact with God through prayer and meditation.
- Young men must be affirmed and guided by mentors.
- Young men have a need and responsibility to mentor future generations.
- There is a universal message of love and faith that transcends the boundaries of race, nation, culture, gender, economics/class, politics, sexual orientation and religious differences.
- Young men must recognize and critique their own power in relation to women, the poor, and those who are different from them; they must learn to use their power for justice in the world.
- There is a need for collaborating with like-minded groups and other faith traditions.
- Adolescence is now said to extend into the thirties; young men are in dire need of maturity.