The mission of Crossings Ohio is a commitment to:
- Guide young men of all races and religions through a formal initiation process/experience.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with program participants.
Our philosophy is grounded in the following beliefs:
- Every young man is a Beloved Son of God. • Young men are capable of serious spiritual journeys.
- Young men must seek contact with God through prayer and meditation.
- Young men must be affirmed and guided by mentors.
- Young men have a need and responsibility to mentor future generations.
- There is a universal message of love and faith that transcends the boundaries of race, nation, culture, gender, economics/class, politics, sexual orientation and religious differences.
- Young men must recognize and critique their own power in relation to women, the poor, and those who are different from them; they must learn to use their power for justice in the world.
- There is a need for collaborating with like-minded groups and other faith traditions.
- Adolescence is now said to extend into the thirties; young men are in dire need of maturity.