Is it for Me?
Have any of the following thoughts crossed your mind?
- I’m looking for direction and to be shown the way.
- I want to do…something, but I don’t really know what.
- I want to know what I need to know to make it in the world.
- I want to be a man among men.
- Even if no one else agrees, I think I can do it.
- I feel like my body grew up, and I’m waiting for the rest to catch up.
- I need to get out from under my parents, but it’s scary.
- There’s got to be more to life than this.
- I’m tired of trying things that are supposed to make you a man…but don’t.
I want adventure, self knowledge, and divine wisdom.
If even only one applies to you, you're ready...
The Crossings is:
A personal discovery about masculine spirituality… A time to savor the healing and awesome power of nature…A process to address issues of loss, grief, and relationships with father, other men, and others…An opportunity to examine life’s priorities and ask courageous questions about your next step…An invitation to listen to the voice inside of you…A chance to return to life with a commitment to your gifts.
The Crossings is Open to:
• Young men of all races and religions
• Young men seeking wisdom for the journey
• Young men without fathers
• Young men at least 18 years old
The Crossings is not:
A traditional, lecture-based retreat… An informational workshop about male spirituality…A sensitivity-training or deprivation experience…A threatening process that requires participants to engage in anything strange or unsafe…A test of physical stamina…Just another event to attend…Something to “fix” some condition in your life.
Young men are asked to come with a willingness to participate from beginning to end and not as an observer. All participants begin at point zero with no agendas to live up to or down to. All that is required is that individuals come with the readiness of young novices seeking wisdom.
This is not about religion, but about spirituality, about age old traditions that guide us into manhood, about coming to trust that there is something much greater at work in our lives than we could ever imagine.
The decision to attend is a serious one; your “gut” should tell you that you are being invited into it.
What is happening in your life that tells you of your readiness for this event? Why do you want to participate in these Rites of Passage? What do you want to be initiated into?