Today we post the second installment of an eight-part series consisting of three total sermons delivered by Henri Nouwen in 1992, around the time his book Life of the Beloved was published. You are invited to follow along in this self-paced study and spiritual reflection as Nouwen delivers an inspired and powerful testament to the love of God for all peoples...
- You are not what you do.
- You are not what you have.
- You are not what people say you are.
- You are beloved sons and daughters of God.
- From this rooted love you will live your life fully in pain and in joy.
- The voice that proclaimed you beloved, is the very first love.
- Our love for each other is imperfect, but we can find forgiveness by claiming our very first love.
- We can glimpse God's love it in the imperfect love we share with others.